Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Center
This product helps students understand symmetrical and non-symmetrical bending of three different beam shapes, including an equal ‘L’, a ‘U’ and rectangular. It also finds the shear center of the channel (‘U’) beam.
This product includes a Vernier caliper for accurate measurements of the beam cross-sections.
- Includes specimen beams of three different cross-sectional shapes for increased experiment range
- Two different study areas in one product: shear center and bending
- High-resolution indicators for accurate measurements
- Supplied with a storage tray to keep smaller items safe
- Includes Vernier caliper to allow measurement of cross-section
- Works with user-friendly software (VDAS®)
- Show that shear center can be outside beam section boundaries
- Shear center of an unsymmetrical section
- Horizontal and vertical deflection in symmetrical and unsymmetrical sections at different loads and load angles
- Using Mohr’s circle to fi nd principal axes and Second Moments of Area
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About TecQuipment