Suspension Cable Demonstration
This structure demonstrates the tensions and shapes in a suspension cable, comparing them with theory.
For use with the Work Panel (STF1), the kit allows several experiments with a suspension cable. Students or teachers fit the magnetic parts of the kit to work panel to study or demonstrate the shapes and tensions in a suspension cable.
- Analysis using catenary and parabola theory
- Cable weight and tension
- Comparison of a symmetrical suspension cable and catenary
- Unsymmetrical suspension cable
- A point load on a suspension cable
Essential Base Unit:
- Work Panel (STF1)
- Simple Suspension Bridge (STR19)
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About TecQuipment