Shear Force in a Beam
This product helps students to understand how loads affect the bending moment in a beam.
This product includes a uniformly distributed load (UDL) that may be applied across the span of the beam for comparison of results with a single point load.
- Shear force at the cut due to a varying single point load
- Shear force at the cut due to a moving single point load
- Shear force at the cut due to a uniformly distributed load
- Influence lines and superposition
- Unique beam ‘cut’ and load cell system for an accurate measurement of shear force
- Includes multiple loads for many combinations of loads including uniformly distributed loads (UDLs)
- Supplied with a storage tray to keep smaller items safe
- Works with user-friendly software (VDAS®)
- Direct reading of shear force at the ‘cut’ for quick and simple experiments
- Complementary bending moment experiment available (STS2)
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About TecQuipment