Photovoltaic Cells (TE4)
This structure illustrates how effective photovoltaic cells are in capturing solar energy.
- Demonstrates the performance of a high-efficiency photovoltaic cell array and battery storage system
- Includes solarimeter, charge controller and control module with digital displays and DC outputs
- Supplied with both high and low-rated batteries to allow students to investigate charge and discharge cycle of the system in a typical laboratory session as well as longer cycles
- Includes three different types of electrical loads
- Performance of the solar panel
- Demonstration of float mode
- Demonstration of load cut
The TE4 uses a commercially available solar panel made from high efficiency cells. The solar panel is on a wheeled, lightweight frame that allows adjustment of the panel angle, relative to the sun. A solarimeter on the frame measures incident radiation. The panel recharges a choice of two batteries through a charge controller. The charge controller recharges the battery at the correct rate of charge without damage to the battery. The frame holds a high-performance, deep-cycling battery in a storage box. The equipment also includes a second lower-rated battery. This allows students to examine the charge and discharge cycle of the system in a typical laboratory session.
- Versatile Data Acquisition System – Bench-mounted version
- Focusing Solar Energy Collector (TE38)
- Flat Plate Solar Thermal Energy Collector (TE39)
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About TecQuipment