Free and Forced Vibrations
This structure investigates the free and forced vibrations of a rigid beam with a spring, and a simply supported beam.
- Free and forced vibrations of a rigid beam and spring
- Free and forced vibrations of a flexible pinned-pinned (simply supported) beam
- Frequency of oscillation and varying mass
- Phase difference between displacement, its derivatives and measured acceleration
- Damped free and forced oscillations and damping coefficient
- Phase relationship between the applied force and beam position for different damping values
A bench-top unit to demonstrate free and forced vibrations of two mass-beam systems:
- A ‘rigid’ beam with a pivot at one end and a spring at the other – the spring provides elasticity.
- A ‘flexible’ pinned-pinned beam with a pivot at one end and a roller pivot at the other – the beam itself provides the elasticity.
- Two different vibration systems in one self-contained unit: a ‘rigid’ beam with a spring and a pinned-pinned ‘flexible’ beam
- Non-contacting displacement sensor
- High-quality servomotor ‘exciter’ – for forced vibrations at a constant speed
- Built-in accelerometer for comparison of derived and measured acceleration waveforms
- Versatile Data Acquisition System – bench-mounted version
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About TecQuipment