Bending Stress in a Beam
This product helps students to understand the bending stresses at various positions of a beam section due to a load. Students add loads to an inverted T-section beam held on two supports. Strain gauges at different heights up the beam measure the strains due to the load. A load cell measures the force applied at the mid span of the beam.
This product includes a Vernier caliper for accurate measurement of the beam cross-section.
- Stress and strain relationship
- Strain gauges as instruments
- Finding the neutral axis by experiment and calculation
- How the beam cross-section dimensions affect the second moment of area (I value) and neutral axis
- Strain gauge amplifier and multiple strain gauges for a complete measurement of strain at different positions around the beam section
- T-section beam for stability, with an off set neutral axis
- Includes Vernier caliper for beam cross-section measurement
- Supplied with a storage tray to keep smaller items safe
- Works with user-friendly software (VDAS®)
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About TecQuipment