Sustainable Energy Production Trainer
The STEM learning packages have been designed to provide practical real world problem solving tasks and activities within the classroom or lab environment. The Sustainable Energy Production Hardware Pack offers a set of demonstrator based resources for practical investigation of alternative energy production techniques.
Includes the Following Demonstrators:
- A parabolic dish assembly designed to concentrate the sun’s energy on a focal point to create heat. The standard configuration includes a receptacle for monitoring water temperature increase due to the heat created as a demonstration activity.
- This device demonstrates how a heat source can generate a standing wave in a gas. The oscillation can be used in this case to drive a piston and flywheel, which is in turn connected to a small generator. The power can be monitored via the 2mm connection points. This unit can also be located in the solar furnace assembly which can be used to replace the burner as a heat source to demonstrate a fully sustainable energy source.
- This bench top model demonstrates how cyclic compression of a gas can be used to convert heat energy into mechanical energy. The unit includes a metal bowl which is filled with hot water to provide the heat source.
- Solar Furnace
- Thermo-acoustic Engine
- Stirling Engine
- Spirit Burner
- Storage Box
- Inventory List
- Water Bowl
- PPE Equipment
Other Items Required:
- LJ Create Engineering or Technology Content
- Hot Water Supply
- Denatured Alcohol
- Packed Volume: Approx. 0.159 m3
- Packed Weight: Approx. 20 kg
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About LJ Create