Exceptional and User-Friendly 3D Printing
This printer features industrial grade composites, with continuous carbon fiber and fiberglass tape for unrivaled part strength. Fiber™ offers users exceptional part quality and a wide range of engineering-grade materials – all on a user-friendly, desktop printer.
Fiber™ combines the exceptional performance of continuous carbon fiber with the ease of FFF printing to produce high-performance parts that are stronger than steel, lighter than aluminum, and can operate continuously in the toughest environments up to 250 ºC.
- Continuous carbon fiber or fiberglass tape is applied along critical load paths in a process called Micro Automated Fiber Placement. Layers of highly loaded continuous fiber tape are laminated to build fully-dense, reinforced sections two times stronger than steel.—
Widest Range of Materials
Fiber™ prints with two printheads – one dedicated to continuous carbon fiber and fiberglass tape; one dedicated to chopped carbon fiber and fiberglass-reinforced filament. Designed for versatility, the printer supports a wide range of fiber-reinforced composites to enable a broad set of applications from consumer electronics to automotive.
- PEKK reinforced with carbon fiber results in parts that are exceptionally durable and safe for operations where ESD compliance is required.
- Our PA6 nylon with carbon fiber reinforcement boasts a tensile strength 30x stronger than ABS and a high fatigue level – making it great for high-wear manufacturing jigs and fixtures.
Accessible to All
With a wide range of materials, easy-to-use platform, and affordable subscription tiers, Fiber™ offers high-quality composite 3D printing at a price point every engineer and designer can access.
- Easily utilize Fiber™ with entry-level settings and opt-in advanced controls that allow every engineer to produce high-quality composite parts at the press of a button.
- This printer offers unrivaled utility at just a fraction of the upfront cost of other industrial continuous fiber composite printers.
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Providing insight, selection, installation, and ongoing support of the latest educational and career technology.Request a Quote Learn More About Desktop Metal