The Roland MDX-40A CNC machine combines the advanced capabilities of a Subtractive Rapid Prototyping® (SRP) system with the ease-of-use of a bench top CNC mill to provide product engineers and designers with a powerful 3D milling device. Offered at less than half the cost of additive systems, MDX-40A CNC mill produces affordable and highly accurate prototypes from a wide variety of non-proprietary materials with greater precision and excellent surface finish. Unlike other CNC machines used for rapid prototyping, the compact design of the MDX-40A is the perfect fit for any office and classroom space. It can even function as a CNC engraving machine.
- Subtractive rapid prototyping technology:
- Creates accurate prototypes for complex snap-fit
- Proves part manufacturability better than additive methods
- Handles a wide variety of materials and generates a smooth surface finish
- CNC mill, bundled with 4-axis SRP Player CAM software makes it quick and easy to go from a CAD model to physical part or prototype
- Large 12” by 12” by 4.1” maximum work volume without rotary axis
- Optional rotary axis supports materials up to 10.6” long by 4.7” in diameter