Productive and cost-effective digital molding solutions for any production environment
3D Systems Figure 4 makes 3D production a reality—with increased productivity, durability, repeatability and lower total cost of operations (TCO). Figure 4 delivers productivity enabled through speed and automation with real world repeatable, accurate parts with demonstrated Six Sigma performance in a diverse range of robust, production-grade materials.
High Speed Digital Molding
Figure 4™ delivers ultra-fast additive manufacturing technology in discrete modules, allowing it to be placed into automated assembly lines and integrated with secondary processes, including the washing, drying and curing of end-use parts. Digital molding reduces development costs, increases productivity by eliminating the cost and time of expensive tooling. The digital molding workflow process speeds and simplifies production with automation of low volume plastic parts production. Figure 4 delivers repeatable, true-to-CAD part accuracy in an agile, in-line manufacturing workflow.
Modular Platform Grows with Manufacturing Needs
Delivered in configurable units for anytime scalability, Figure 4 allows manufacturing capacity to grow alongside demand – from a standalone printer for rapid prototyping and low volume direct 3D production, to modular systems that grow as your volume grows, up to a fully-automated, fully-integrated factory solution.
Broad Range of Materials
3D Systems’ Material Design Center has over 30 years of proven R&D experience and process development expertise. The production-grade materials available for Figure 4 include a broad and expanding range of materials to enable true replacement of traditional molding and urethane casting.
Figure 4 solutions use 3D Sprint™, 3D Systems’ advanced software for file preparation, editing, printing and management from a single, intuitive interface. 3D Sprint enables the customer to significantly decrease cost of ownership of their 3D printers by reducing the need for costly software seats by third party vendors. 3D Sprint automatically generates exceptionally efficient supports requiring far less material, which can lead to significant savings.
Maximize Your Production
3D Connect Service provides a secure cloud-based connection to 3D Systems service teams for proactive and preventative support to enable better service, improve uptime and deliver production assurance for your system.
Through 3D Connect Manage, you can also manage and monitor your equipment with anytime, anywhere access to your print jobs, system performance metrics and usage to improve production efficiency.
Automation and Integrated Post-Processing
Figure 4 Production is a customized, integrated digital manufacturing solution with an end-to-end digital workflow supported by 3D systems software. Figure 4 Production features up to 15 times faster print speeds than other 3D printing technologies, automated material handling, and integrated post-processing, such as washing, drying and curing, to reduce manual processes and facilitate automation for high volume production.
The combination of speed and accuracy complemented by a light-based UV curing process that takes minutes vs. hours with heat-based curing processes, yields the world’s fastest additive manufacturing throughput and time-to-part. Recent data highlights Figure 4 Production part print speeds up to 65 mm/hour, and prototyping speeds of up to 100 mm/hour, and part accuracy and Six Sigma repeatability (Cpk > 2) across all materials.
Broad Range of Materials
- Figure 4 RGD-GRY 10 is a high speed material for rapid design iterations providing up to 100 mm/hour build speed.
- Figure 4 RGD-GRY 15 is a strong, rigid material for production applications.
- Figure 4 ELAST-BLK is an elastomeric, black material ideal for iteration and design verification of flexible parts.
- Figure 4 JCST-GRN is castable green material optimized for investment casting of jewelry patterns.
Figure 4 Production is compatible with 3D Systems’ entire portfolio of NextDent™ resins to facilitate full customization of dental devices, as well as an Orthodontic Tooling resin. Figure 4 Production customers also have the option of collaborating with 3D Systems’ engineers to create unique resins specifically designed for their application.
Figure 4 Production rivals injection molded part quality with tool-less digital molding to deliver:
- Lower Total Cost of Operations
- Mid-volume non-structural end-use durable plastic parts
- High-quality parts with fine texturing
- Replacement of traditional molding and cast urethane processes
- Mass customization production of consumer applications
- Production dental applications
- Egg shell molding applications
- Non-contact membrane Digital Light Printing (DLP) technology
- Printable build volume (W x D x H): 124.8 x 70.2 x 346 mm (4.9 x 2.8 x 13.6 in)
- Industry-leading 3D Sprint software for file preparation and production
- Cloud connectivity for predictive and prompt service with 3D Connect
- Customizable/scalable modular configurations
- Automation to minimize manual processing
- Integrated post-processing
- Production-grade and custom (additional cost) material
- Six Sigma quality and repeatability
- High throughput and productivity
- Accelerated time-to-market vs. traditional manufacturing
- Automation reduces labor costs
- Eliminate tooling time and cost
- Lower part cost over competing technologies
- Efficient design iteration
- Application flexibility
- Integrated solution with expert application support